Education runs with his time, walking with a society that continues to grow as well. Education in a way can not escape from the problems that keep popping up blocking. The problems differ in levels, and in turn the different problems in handling, anyone can quickly overcome, others take a long time and there is a call on the other hand, the philosophy of education. Pleas for help on the educational philosophy of fairness as a problem faced essentially no land or parcels of arable land filasafat education but education. Filasafat a science education that addresses philosophical education. Educational philosophy, too, is a philosophical answer to the philosophical question in the world of education.
Nature of education, content, objectives and policies in the world of education to the scope of the study filsfat education. To the philosophy of education has a strategic role and function in the world of education. Being the methods for studying it needs to consider its relevance. Methods of study are rationalistic method, empirical method, the method of intuition, reflective method, historical method, and the method of analysis of synthetic and hermeneutics. While the approach used by the educational philosophy oriented to the teaching of philosophy and education. Aspects of ontology, epistemology and axiology become binoculars aspect in assessing the field of education so they can see the nature, processes and value for education.
In addition to reviewing the educational ontology, epistemology and axiology, this paper also brings schools or schools of philosophy of education, ie, idealism, realism, materialism, pragmatism, progressivism, essentialism, perenialisme, existentialism, rekontruksionisme, and constructivism. These streams has its own characteristics in view of the education world, a world that can deliver the needed enlightenment of human life and living.
Understanding Philosophy of Education is According to A. Chaedar Alwasilah: Happenings Educational Philosophy is the study purpose, nature and ideal content of education (Chaedar, 2008:101). Al-Syaibany: Philosophy of Education is a regular activity of the mind that makes philosophy as a way to organize, align, and integrate the educational process. The same thing is said Hasan Langgulung: Philosophy of Education is a regular activity that makes the thought of philosophy as a medium to develop the educational process, harmonize, harmonize, and apply the values and goals that want to accomplish (Jalaluddin, 2007:19,158). Being George R. Knight said: Philosophy of Education is no different with the general philosophy, it is a general philosophy applied to education as a specific philosophy of serious business man (Knight, 2007:21). While Imam Barnadib said: Educational Philosophy is the science which in essence is the answer to these questions in the field of education (Barnadib, 1986:14). Based on the above reasoning can be concluded that the philosophy of education is the science which deals with education in philosophy, or the science which deals with the philosophy of education.
Role and Function of Philosophy of Education:
- Role of Philosophy of EducationCan not be denied any knowledge that would have been born on earth has meaning and function to human life. Similarly, an educational philosophy that science has a role and function in life especially the life of the world of education.According Jalaluddin & Abdullah Idi role of philosophy of education: 1) the philosophical foundation that animates the entire education policy and implementation; 2) Giving directions and guidance for improvement efforts, enhance the progress and solid foundation for the establishment of the education system. (Jalaluddin, 2007:29-33).Philosophy of Education has an important role as a philosophical foundations of education philosophy and direction giver for improvement efforts, progress and keep eksisnya education. Without foundation and referrals, education is very difficult to achieve educational goals planned. Strong foundation for the very dperlukan builders building buildings of further education in order to be sturdy and exist forever.
- Function Philosophy of EducationPhilosophy of education in addition to having a strategic role, also has an important function in the educational world, the world that is able to transform human character, and mature man, and the world is to humanize humans.Functions of educational philosophy as follows: 1) Formulate the basics and purpose of education, nature and human nature as well as educational, and moral content (system) values education; 2) Formulate a theory, form, and the educational system, including leadership, education, political education , educational materials, teaching methodology and education, acculturation patterns and the role of education in nation building; 3) To formulate the relationship between religion, philosophy, philosophy of education, educational theory and culture (Jalaluddin, 2007:159).Philosophy of education has the basic functions and formulate educational objectives, formulate theories, forms and educational systems and formulate relationship with religion and culture. Functions of educational philosophy is very strategic because it formulates the underlying issues related to the world of education and its relationship to the development of the nation. Base and a clear educational goals will facilitate the provision of education, and can be a parameter to be achieved whether or not what he aspired.
Relations with Philosophy
- Philosophy of Education,
- Philosophy with Education, and
- Education Philosophy with Education:
- Relationship with the Philosophy of Education PhilosophyHumans are thinking about education, and human at the same time be the subject of education. Deep human thought and will melahirka a systematic philosophy. When education and become the object of education filasafat born bahasannya other words with the philosophy of education philosophy of having a relationship that can not be separated; Langgulung Hasan as saying: Philosophy Education is the application of methods and philosophies in the field of view of human experience be named education (Jalaluddin, 2007:31) . A similar sentiment was expressed Imam Barnadib: Philosophy Education is the science education bersendikan applied philosophy or philosophy in thinking and problem solving regarding education (Barnadib, 1986:7). Line also said Kilpatrick: Philosophizing and educating are two phases in the business. Philosophize means to think and consider the values and ideals the better. While education or educating is an attempt to realize value2 and ideals in life and human personality (Djumransyah, 2006:42). So also spoken John Dewey: Philosophy is a general theory, as the basis of all the common thinking on education (Jalaluddin, 2007:31). It would seem obvious that the philosophy and philosophy of education has a close relationship that can not be separated from one another, and the underlying philosophy behind the birth of the philosophy of education.
- Relations Philosophy with EducationAccording to George R. Knight: Education can not avoid the metaphysical world, the study of metaphysical reality, is central to any concept of education. Different metaphysical beliefs that lead to the different education, even differentiate sisitem-education system. Educational systems intersect with knowledge, and because it is a major determinant epistemological notions and practices of education. While E.F. Sumacher: in the absence of re-emphasis axiology attention, education will prove to be an agent of destruction rather than as a source of development. The George R. Knight said: The concepts of reality, truth and value of the content is the content philosophy, philosophy is therefore the basic framework underlying the practice of education. The same thing is said to Samuel Shermi: All the issues are philosophical education at its peak (Knight, 2007: 28-46,58,230). It would be understood that philosophy and have a relationship that relates education, philosophy became the basic framework underlying the practice of education, and media education into the actualization of philosophical concepts. Education will always be in dialogue with philosophy as education continues to grow requiring basic framework or concept in order to exist and progress of education. Vice versa will join with the philosophy of education as a tool in education embody concepts.
- Relationship with the Educational Philosophy of EducationPhilosophy of education is the foundation for the implementation of dynamically evolving education. Philosophy of education is the philosophical foundation that animates the entire education policy and practices. Educational philosophy is a discipline that formulates kaidah2 value will be the size of a living human behavior in society. (Jalaluddin, 2007:166,162). Not much different from the said John S. Brubacher: Against philosophy, education ... it should wait for a pattern to act. Conversely problem solving philosophy of education is in need of an education (Djumransyah, 2006:41). Educational philosophy and education have a reciprocal relationship with each other and build profitable for the advancement of education that continues to grow rapidly; philosophy of education as a philosophical foundation, values and patterns of implementation of the rules of education, and education is the educational philosophy of solving material.