Higher Education System Of America USA

U.S.A Higher Education System: Level of Education 

First Level: 

Undergraduate (S1)
 Students who enter college or university and earn a bachelor degree (S1), was educated at the undergraduate level. It takes an average of four years to earn a bachelor's degree. You can start an education to pursue a bachelor's degree at a community college (2-year college) or in university or college bermasa 4-year study. In the first two years, you will be required to take classes in different subjects, which is known as the prerequisite subjects: literature, science, social science, art, history, and so forth. This will help you in getting knowledge in general, as a basis to specialize in specific areas of study. 
Many community college students who choose to complete the first two years of prerequisite courses. They will earn an Associate of Arts transfer degree (AA) and can then transfer to a university or college bermasa 4-year study. "Major (majors)" is a specific field of study where you will be directed education. For example, if a person is a journalism major, they will earn a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism). You will be required to take several courses in this field to meet the requirements to obtain a degree in the major. You have to choose your major at the beginning of year 3. 
America's education system has a very unique character that you can change your major more than once. It is fair to American students to change their major as superior or more interested in a particular field at a time in their undergraduate studies. Although the American education system is very flexible, it should be noted that the replacement of their major may have to take the course again, which means it will take time and cost a lot more. 

Second level: Graduate (Masters) to pursue a Master's degree (S2) 
Currently, the college or university with a bachelor's degree graduates should think seriously about graduate education to enter specific professions or to improve their careers. This degree usually is mandatory for higher positions in library science, mechanical engineering, behavioral health (behavioral health) and education. Furthermore, international students from some countries are only allowed to study abroad in the graduate level. You should investigate the needs credentials to get a job in your country before applying to university postgraduate (S3) in the U.S.

Graduate program is usually a division of the university or college. To add to the occasion in the entry, you need to take the GRE (Graduate Test Value). Some programs require a master tertetntu value, such as the LSAT for law, GRE or GMAT for business, and MCAT for medicine.

Graduate program to pursue a master's degree usually takes one or two years. For example, an MBA (Master of Business) is a very popular program that can take two years. Other masters programs such as journalism, just take a year.

Most of the master programs are taught in the classroom and graduate students must prepare a long essay called "master's thesis (master's thesis)" or complete the "master's project (master project)".

Third level: Graduate (Masters) to pursue a Doctorate Degree (Doktoral/S3)

 Attainment of a master's degree is the first step to obtaining a PhD (doctoral). In some universities, students can enter the doctoral level without obtaining a master's degree. Can be obtained PhD degree within three years or more. For international students, it could take five or six years.

In the first two years, the majority of doctoral candidates registering for classes and seminars. At least for one year spent on research and write a thesis or dissertation is composed of views, plans, or studies that have been published.

Doctoral dissertation was a discussion and the conclusion of a given topic. Most universities that have doctoral programs also require their candidates to have the ability to read in two foreign languages, which are required to spend time "in residence (the residence)," to pass the tests given to candidates to the PhD program, and to pass the test Oral in the same topic with the dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment